July 28, 2013 @ 8:39 am
Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin, a psychoanalyst who specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and writes the award-winning blog, Make Peace With Food joins eHealth Radio and the Weight Managment Channel.
- What do you consider the biggest misconception about eating disorders?
- There's a lot in the media lately about food addiction. What are your thoughts about this?
- You treat many people who struggle with compulsive overeating or binge eating. Where does willpower come in?
- What if someone you care about is dealing with this issue? What's the best way to bring it up?
- If someone thinks they have a problem with binge eating, what steps can they take to stop?
Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin, Psy.D. is a psychoanalyst who specializes in emotional eating. Dr. Nina brings insight and hope to men and women who are struggling with disordered eating. In addition to her private practice in the Los Angeles area, she is a recognized expert on binge eating, interviewed for her expertise by the Los Angeles Times, Prevention, Real Simple, Dr. Oz online and other publications.
Dr. Nina is passionate about sharing a fresh perspective to the understanding and treatment of disordered eating. She has written several articles on eating problems from a psychoanalytic perspective, educating people about "why" they turn to food instead of focusing on the behavior itself
Her award-winning blog, Make Peace With Food, was named a “Best Eating Disorder Blog" by Healthline in 2012 and 2013. Dr. Nina's popular podcast, Win The Diet War with Dr. Nina, was named "New & Noteworthy" by iTunes. She is currently writing a book based on the principles and ideas in her blog and podcast.